Searching for the perfect wedding venue is all about asking the important questions. We know this to be true because we have first-hand experience in asking wedding venues about everything from venue pricing and catering costs to special restrictions and availability.
And by asking questions, we can make sure that the wedding you build out on our site is as close to the real deal as it gets…and that you won’t have to spend hours tracking down answers yourself!
Just to make sure you’re all covered on the venue search front, here are some important extra questions that you should ask the venue when you book an appointment or take a site tour.
Just starting the search? Take the easy road and use Wedding Spot to discover wedding venues near you and receive instant price quotes!
1. How many weddings will be booked on my wedding date? What spaces are available to me?
2. Do I have to use your preferred vendors?
3. Am I allowed to bring my own alcohol? If yes, is there a corkage fee?
4. Can we do a food tasting before finalizing our wedding menu? Is there a fee to do so?
5. Do you allow open flames?
6. Are there parking spaces on-site?
7. What kind of transportation is accessible to the location?
8. Is there a backup plan for inclement weather?
9. How many restroom facilities are available?
10. Does the venue have liability insurance?
11. Are there restrictions for decorations? Do they need to be approved?
12. Do you have restrictions on what kind of music can be played or on what time the music must end?
13. How much is the deposit? Is it refundable? When is the full payment due?
14. What is your cancellation policy?
15. What’s the last date that we can make changes?